The long term care and maintenance of your oral health is the focus of general dentistry. As a trained and experienced general dentist, Dr. Leah Butler is a partner in your healthcare and committed to working with you as an individual to support your dental health.
Butler Family Dentistry welcomes patients of all ages and provides comprehensive care for the needs of growing and aging smiles. Our team takes the time to get to know you, understand your needs and works with you to identify and address your unique risk factors for dental concerns.
Why visit the dentist regularly?
Routine dental care is the foundation of lifelong dental health and wellness. Regular visits with Dr. Butler enable our team to support your at home oral hygiene, spot developing problems early on and
At Butler Family Dentistry, we believe that patient education, open communication and listening to your needs and concerns when you visit is the key to helping you enjoy the best smile for as long as possible. A routine dental visit includes:
- Dental exam
- Professional dental cleaning
- Screening for gum disease and tooth decay
- Screening for oral cancer
- Oral hygiene advice for keeping your smile healthy between visits
- Discussion with Dr. Butler as needed for any concerns or goals you may have for your smile
If tooth decay or gum disease is diagnosed during a routine visit we will coordinate treatment during a follow up visit to place a filling or perform a necessary procedure for restoring gum health. Our team will also make recommendations for maintaining dental health and to address the effects of lifestyle habits in an effort to avoid the development of complex problems down the road.
Regular dental care can also provide the opportunity for Dr. Butler to address underlying problems associated with the structure and function of your bite. Malocclusion, jaw problems and bite disorders can have a wide-ranging and detrimental impact on your oral health and quality of life when left untreated.
How can I keep my smile healthy?
In addition to regular visits with us in our Strongsville dental office, there are important steps that you can take to minimize your risk for dental problems and concerns. These can include:
- A healthy diet that is low in added sugar
- Daily brushing and flossing
- Drinking plenty of water and limiting sodas and sugary drinks
- Protecting your teeth during contact sports with a custom mouthguard
- Reducing stress which can lead to teeth grinding and TMJ disorders through exercise and other healthy habits
Schedule A Dental Appointment in Strongsville
Looking for a local dentist in the Strongsville, OH area? Butler Family
To schedule a visit with Dr. Leah Butler contact our office at (440) 230-6748 or request one online.