Do you hide your smile due to damaged or missing teeth?
Dr. Leah Butler is a local restorative dentist in Strongsville who provides personalized, experienced care for teeth that are damaged or missing. Restoring the structural integrity of your smile is important for overall dental health and the enjoyment of your best quality of life.
Restorative dentistry encompasses a range of treatments designed to restore teeth, tooth structure, compromised gum tissue, and bite problems. The goal of treatment is to stabilize oral health and bite function. From fillings to crowns and dental implants, Dr. Butler can address your restorative needs with dental care that is tailored to your specific needs and aesthetic goals.
Our restorative dental services include:
Damaged teeth: What are my options?
Dr. Butler will evaluate the condition of a decayed or damaged tooth, including taking digital x-rays if needed. The result of her findings will determine the best course of treatment to restore and strengthen the tooth so that it can support a healthy bite.
- Dental crowns: placed over the entire tooth like a cap, a dental crown can be used to address a range of problems and can also enhance the beauty of your smile.
- Dental veneers: also used to address cracks and chips, especially if multiple teeth are damaged, dental veneers can be customized to your aesthetic goals.
- Inlays and onlays: for larger teeth with multiple cusps, this type of restoration can provide greater stability than a dental filling.
When it comes to teeth that are chipped, cracked or worn, it is also important to take into consideration the root cause of the problem. If a bite problem or temporomandibular disorder (TMD) is to blame it is important to address the issue as part of your overall treatment so that your dentistry is lasting and stable.
Missing teeth: What are my options?
The replacement of lost teeth is essential for many reasons, from self-confidence in your appearance to your quality of life. A full set of stable teeth enable you to enjoy a healthy diet, speak with confidence and supports your jaw structure. Missing teeth can lead to a cascade of other dental problems over time.
- Dental bridges: for one missing tooth or consecutive missing teeth a dental bridge can close the gap and stabilize your bite.
- Dentures: a full arch or full set of missing teeth can be replaced with a custom cosmetic denture that will complement your appearance.
- Dental implants: for the most secure tooth replacement Dr. Butler can work with you to place a dental implant or secure a bridge or denture with several implants.
Dr. Butler will discuss your dental health needs and cosmetic goals before recommending treatment options for replacing your lost teeth. A lasting result is dependent upon a healthy oral foundation and good oral hygiene. We will work with you to identify and address any other concerns that could compromise your result if not treated.
Schedule A Consultation to Restore Your Smile
Butler Family Dentistry welcomes new patients to our dental office in Strongsville, OH. We also serve local communities including Brunswick, Middleburg and North Royalton. Contact us at (440) 230-6748 or request an appointment online.