Dental Implants An Overview
The replacement of missing teeth has evolved dramatically in recent years as treatment options have expanded and techniques have greatly improved. Today’s patients enjoy a range of choices and superior results when compared to traditional options. Dental implants have become the “gold standard” of tooth replacement, offering permanent, stable results that are as close to a natural tooth as possible.
A restorative dentist in Strongsville, OH, Dr. Leah Butler places all types of dental implants at Butler Family Dentistry to replace one or more missing teeth. Taking a comprehensive, individualized approach to your care, Dr. Butler can work with you to restore your smile, your confidence and your quality of life.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are a unique tooth replacement option that restores not only the visible crown of the tooth but also the lost tooth root below the gumline. Consisting of three parts, a dental implant can replace a single missing tooth or can secure a denture or bridge.
- Post: a small titanium post is implanted into healthy jaw bone, acting as a tooth root and stabilizing the structure of your bite.
- Abutment: a cap placed on top of the post that serves as a connector for the post and the final restoration.
- Restoration: a dental crown, bridge or denture that is attached to the post and replaces your missing teeth.
Why Choose Dental Implants?
When it comes to restoring the most natural function and appearance after tooth loss, dental implants are the best option for most patients. There is a range of types of implants for patients with varying needs and oral health conditions. Dental implants also offer several key benefits when compared to more traditional options:
- Minimzes bone loss in the jaw.
- Enables normal chewing function, restoring the ability to enjoy a varied and healthy diet.
- Supports confident speech.
Are dental implants covered by dental insurance?
In most cases, dental implants are not covered by dental insurance benefits. Our office will work with you to determine if you have any dental benefits that will cover a part of your total treatment cost. Dr. Butler accepts a range of payment options and offers financing for qualified patients.